Kansas City Royals: Ranking the Best ‘Players Weekend’ Jersey Nicknames
4 of 6
Best New Guy Nickname
Maurer Power — Brandon Maurer
The Kansas City Royals brought in three players at the trade deadline not named Brandon Maurer.
According to the Kansas City Star’s Maria Torres, those three chose the following nicknames:
More from KC Royals News
- KC Royals Rumors: Is a monster move in the cards?
- KC Royals Free Agent Hunt: 3 Tampa Bay pitchers
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
- Book — Ryan Buchter
- Melkman — Melky Cabrera
- Big Trev — Trevor Cahill
I have always loved “Melkman” as a nickname for Cabrera. The only thing better is when people dress up as actual milkmen for games.
But Maurer gets the nod here, because we’ve already had a full season in 2011 of the Melk Man thing.
When it comes to nicknames, alliteration is absolutely amazing, as is the ability to rhyme. So, with a tinge of recency bias (and because Buchter didn’t steer into the skid and use Butcher), the award goes to Maurer Power.