The Kansas City Royals will play host to the Toronto Blue Jays this weekend at The K. Coming off a series win against the Red Sox, the Royals will look to bring their record back to an even .500 when things kick off Friday night.
The Blue Jays come into town with a 35-37 record and are currently in fourth place in the American League Eastern division; the Kansas City Royals are 35-36. The series pitching match-ups, and start times, are scheduled to be:
- Friday – Jake Junis (2-1, 5.56 ERA) vs. J.A. Happ (2-4, 4.26 ERA), 7:15 CST
- Saturday – Jason Vargas (10-3, 2.27 ERA) vs. Marco Estrada (4-5, 4.98 ERA), 1:15 CST
- Sunday – Jason Hammel (4-6, 4.83 ERA) vs. Francisco Liriano (3-3, 5.76 ERA), 1:15 CST
The Kansas City Royals will look for a fifth straight series win this weekend. They currently sit in third place in the American League Central division. Kansas City is 1.5 behind Minnesota and 4.0 games back of division leading Cleveland.
There are plenty of reasons to make your way to The K this weekend.
Not only will the Kansas City Royals look to continue there hot run in June, but there are extra perks for fans that include:
Friday – Big Slick Celebrity Softball Game, Buck Night, and Friday Night Fireworks
More from Kings of Kauffman
- KC Royals Rumors: Is a monster move in the cards?
- KC Royals Free Agent Hunt: 3 Tampa Bay pitchers
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
Saturday – First 10,000 get a Los Reales BBQ Apron
Sunday – Family FunDay
Remember to place your Votes!
There is still time and deserving players, cough*Mike Moustakas*cough, for fans to cast their votes for. You can vote for all your favorite Kansas City Royals players here. Voting is open through June 29th.
So get out to Kauffman Stadium this weekend and support the Boys in Blue as they square off against the Toronto Blue Jays.