4) The Offense Isn’t Just Hot, It’s Wired On Red Bull
The Royals have more than 10 hits in their last nine games. They’ve also score five runs or more in that string and scored a total of 64 runs. That’s a tidy 7 runs per game average that pretty much will guarantee a bushel of wins.
More from Kings of Kauffman
- KC Royals Rumors: Is a monster move in the cards?
- KC Royals Free Agent Hunt: 3 Tampa Bay pitchers
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
The KC Royals are 8-1 over that stretch, and have won six straight games.
Lorenzo Cian led the way with three hits on the night, helped out by two-hit games from Merrifield and Kendrys Morales. Even Kendrys is joining the hit parade, with two consecutive two-hit games.
If the ice-cold Morales can get it going, look out.
Paulo Orlando went 0-4 to snap his 12-game hitting streak, which leaves Merrifield’s 11 game string the longest active streak on the team. Merrifield has stroked a hit in each of his first 11 games in a Kansas City Royals uniform, which is a club record.
Next: Perfect Homestand