1) Kendrys Morales Found A Way To Beat His BABIP Problem
Hey, there’s an easy to prevent defenses from robbing you of a hit. You just put the ball in the seats.
More from KC Royals News
- KC Royals Rumors: Is a monster move in the cards?
- KC Royals Free Agent Hunt: 3 Tampa Bay pitchers
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
Kendrys Morales managed to implement this slump solution on Tuesday night, by smacking his sixth home run with one on and two out in the sixth inning. For those of you wondering if there was a third six (perhaps the man on base was Lorenzo Cain who wears no. 6), I’m sorry to disappoint you.
Morales’ bomb extended the Royals lead from 8-4 to 10-4, which really put the game out of reach. Along with his home run, Morales add a single to enjoy his first two-hit game since May 14. Notice that rookie Whit Merrifield has had six two-hit games and he didn’t even join the club until May 18.
Overall, Morales’ 2-5, 1 R, 3 RBI line was a refreshing change from the all too many 0-fers that he’s been posting this season. Kendrys Morales slash line zoomed to .193/.262/.330 with the big night.
Who knows, Morales guided a little flare to left field on Monday night to get lucky on a soft hit. Maybe that was just the break he needed to bust out of his slide. If Kendrys starts hitting, you know some weird juju has blessed the KC Royals.