3) It’s REALLY REALLY Good Not To Be In Yankee Stadium
I don’t want to blame Yankee Stadium for the KC Royals 1-3 series against the Yankees, because the yard was the same dimensions for New York players too. However, the Kansas City Royals pitching staff just isn’t built for a bandbox like the carbon copy of the House That Ruth Built.
More from KC Royals News
- KC Royals Rumors: Is a monster move in the cards?
- KC Royals Free Agent Hunt: 3 Tampa Bay pitchers
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
The Yankees hit nine home runs in the four games in the Bronx, including blasting five against Chris Young in 2.2 innings. Wow.
Pretty much every time I looked up, it seemed the Yankees were putting another ball in the seats.
Young was throwing batting practice in game one, but Ian Kennedy gave up two big flies that barely left the park on Thursday, and both came with a runner on base. Those four runs made his line look terrible, when he really wasn’t that bad.
Instead of respectable outing, while keeping his team in the game, Kennedy got blasted for seven runs in 6.1 innings.
I REALLY appreciated the difference Friday night when Eddie Freeman’s drive to left hit the wind and fell about 20 feet short of the wall. At the time, the Royals were clinging to a one-run lead in the top of the eighth in a game they badly needed to get some momentum.
Next: The Offense