Royals at Rangers – Series Preview
While many of you were sleeping Kansas City salvaged game four of the I-70 Series at St. Louis 4-2 after a 5 ½ hour rain delay. The team ends their five game road trip with a series in Arlington against the Rangers this weekend.
The Kansas City Royals and new interim hitting coach George Brett (not pictured) before the game against the Texas Rangers at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Photo Credit: Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports
Series Preview –
The win this morning at the Cardinals ended the Royals eight game losing streak but Texas comes in having lost three of four games. This will be George Brett’s first full series as interim hitting coach so we’ll see if the results start showing.
Probable Pitching Matchups –
Friday, May 31 (7:05 pm): Wade Davis (3-4, 5.71) v. Derek Holland (4-2, 2.97)
– Davis makes his 11th start for the Royals and third career start against the Rangers
– He went 6.1 innings in his last start against the Angels striking out six in a 5-2 defeat
Saturday, June 1 (4:05 pm): James Shields (2-6, 2.96) v. Nick Tepesch (3-4, 3.88)
– Monday ended Shields streak of eight straight quality starts at home against St. Louis
– He’s 7-3 in his career against the Texas but 3-3 in Arlington
Sunday, June 2 (2:05): Ervin Santana (3-5, 3.33) v. Yu Darvish (7-2, 3.03)
– Santana is winless in May but has thrown six plus inning in each start
– During this losing streak he’s fell to the Orioles, Yankees, A’s, Angels and Cardinals
2012 Results –
In nine games against the Rangers in 2012 the Royals went 4-5 winning both games in Texas but only 2-5 at the K. Kansas City was only outscored 43-42 in the season series against the high powered lineup the Rangers had last year.
All three games are on Fox Sports Kansas City with Ryan Lefebvre and Rex Hudler with Joel Goldberg handling in-game reports plus the pre/postgame show and will be joined by Royals Hall of Famer Jeff Montgomery. On 610 Sports Radio is the voice of the Royals Denny Matthews and Steve Stewart.
2013 Schedule v. Rangers
May 31-June 2, Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
September 20-22, Kauffman Stadium
Game Notes –