Kansas City Royals at Baltimore Orioles – Series Preview
After a successful 6-3 home stand (minus the rain/snowed out game) against Cleveland, Tampa Bay and Chicago the Royals head to Baltimore for a quick three game series. This is the first meeting this season between the teams but will be the only trip to the Charmed City for KC.
This will be the Royals only trip to Oriole Park at Camden Yards against Baltimore in 2013. Photo Credit: Joy R. Absalon-USA TODAY Sports
Series Preview –
Baltimore enters the series with 19-13 record to Kansas City’s 17-11 mark, the O’s are two games back of Boston in the AL East. The O’s are home after a successful road trip out west going 7-3 against Seattle, Oakland and Los Angeles.
Probable Pitching Matchups –
Tuesday, May 7 (6:05 pm): Ervin Santana (3-1, 2.00) v. Wei-Yin Chen (2-3, 3.50)
– Santana was dominant in the game that never happened on Thursday against Tampa Bay
– The “Magic Man” sits at 99 career victories after narrowly missing getting the milestone in his last start
Wednesday, May 8 (6:05 pm): Luis Mendoza (0-1, 7.00) v. Chris Tillman (2-1, 3.63)
– This is just Mendoza’s fifth start of 2013 due to all the off days KC has had during the first month of the season
– The Dozer will be making his third career start against the O’s where he’s 2-1, 5.79 ERA, his first big league win was against Baltimore when he was with Texas
Thursday, May 9 (6:05 pm): Jeremy Guthrie (4-0, 2.40) v. TBA
– Guthrie will be making his first start since his first complete game on Saturday night against the White Sox at the K
– He’ll also be looking to improve his franchise record unbeaten streak which is at 17 straight starts
2013 Results –
Last year the O’s went 5-4 against Kansas City, the two teams will only play seven times. The next meeting will be a four game series in July at the K.
FSKC will carry all three games this week while 610 Sports Radio will have the radio coverage if you can’t watch the television broadcast.
2013 Schedule v. Orioles –
May 7-9, Oriole Park at Camden Yards
July 22-25, Kauffman Stadium
Team Game Notes –