This week on the Vault, we could have spent all day rambling about the team’s recent slide but we figured we’d bring in some help.
Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star joined us to talk about various topics, such as:
- The swings of the Royals season (and the fanbase)
- The 2013 season making the Royals credible in the MLB landscape
- Trading Wil Myers and what it means for the Royals window
- The messages the front office sends and playing PR
- The “Evolution of Dayton Moore”
- Fixing second base and what message the Royals are sending about Johnny Giavotella and Christian Colon
- Miguel Tejada, PEDs, and the Kevin Kietzman story that caused a minor dustup among he and the Star
- Print, radio, and blog standards and the “meritocracy” of the internet
If you listen to just one Vault episode the rest of the season, this should really be the one…until the next one, that is.
As always, we’ll take your email questions at [email protected] or via Twitter at @KCBaseballVault.
[You can find an alternate player and download the MP3 here.]
The Kansas City Baseball Vault is a weekly podcast that covers the Royals, their minor league affiliates and other aspects of baseball in Kansas City.
You can catch up on old episodes of the Kansas City Baseball Vault here on Kings of Kauffman. Episodes of the Royalman Report are available on the site as well.