The Royals are finally home after taking part in the White Sox and Phillies home openers last week. Kansas City returns to Kauffman Stadium with a 3-3 record but the surprise is that their opponent Minnesota has a 4-2 record after taking two series off playoff teams Detroit and at Baltimore. Here’s the information for the opening series at the K for April 8-10.
Series Preview –
Kansas City returns home for the first time in 2013 and they’ll see AL Central foe Minnesota at the K. A season ago the Twins won 11 of 18 games against the Royals.
Probable Pitching Matchups –
Monday, April 8 (3:10 pm): Kevin Correia (0-0, 2.57) v. Ervin Santana (0-1, 6.00)
– Santana gets the ball in the 2013 home opener, here’s hoping it’s better than Luke Hochevar’s last season.
– Last time out in Chicago, Santana went six innings but allowed four runs on five hit but allowed three home runs.
Tuesday, April 9 (7:10 pm): Mike Pelfrey (1-0, 0.00) v. Jeremy Guthrie (1-0, 1.50)
– Last Thursday Guthrie was solid in his continued mastery of the White Sox
– Royals fans will want to see how he does against a non-pale hoes team.
Wednesday, April 3 (7:10 pm): Liam Hendriks (0-0, 7.71) v. Wade Davis (0-0, 9.00)
– Davis got roughed up in his Royals debut Friday in Philadelphia against the Phillies.
– Hendriks also didn’t fair the best in his first start and one hopes that Davis bounces back.
2012 Results –
Last season the Royals went 7-11 against the Twins they were outscored by Minnesota 89-85. The 85 runs were the second most runs KC scored against an opponent last year (103 versus Cleveland).
All three games are on Fox Sports Kansas City in addition can be found on 610 Sports Radio.
2013 Schedule v. Twins –
April 8-10, Kauffman Stadium
June 4-6, Kauffman Stadium
June 27-30, Target Field
July 30-31 and August 1, Target Field
August 5-7, Kauffman Stadium
August 27-29, Target Field