At this time, I would like to announce that Jon Twibell has decided to resign from his contributor position with Kings of Kauffman to pursue other activities. He had a good run with us, and he’s certainly welcome back in the future if he decides he gets the itch to write again.
And if not, all of us at Kings of Kauffman wish him good luck on his future endeavors and hopefully, down the line, that includes witnessing the Royals making the playoffs.
And as a thank you to Jon for his service, I present the Jon Twibell retrospective. A greatest hits, if you will:
- Where’s the Beef? – Looking at the rather paltry middle of the order in KC.
- Really, Royals? – Predicting regression for Jose Guillen, Jason Kendall and Scott Podsednik and praying for a bullpen that doesn’t blow every lead
- You Stay Classy, Kansas City – On Mike Sweeney, Carlos Beltran, Allard Baird and a city’s frustration with its own bad luck
- Royals Look For a Winning Streak – Looking at the Royals need for urgency to actually, you know, win some games and avoid a meltdown
- Where Do We Go From Here? – After the Royals hot start under Ned Yost, Jon looked at what lay ahead
Again, thanks Jon for the time and effort you’ve put in for Kings of Kauffman, and feel free to check in with us when you can.