Royals Report: 5 Things About Falling Short Against Seattle
By John Viril
4) Royals Are Seeking PItching Help On The Trade Market
According to MLB Trade Rumors, the Kansas City Royals are putting in their due diligence to find potential rotation help as the August 1 non-waiver trade deadline approaches.
More from Kings of Kauffman
- KC Royals Rumors: Is a monster move in the cards?
- KC Royals Free Agent Hunt: 3 Tampa Bay pitchers
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
MLB.com’s Jon Morosi connected the KC Royals to some names we haven’t heard before: Andrew Cashner of the Padres and former Royals starter Jorge De La Rosa of the Rockies. He also mentioned Rich Hill and Jeremy Hellickson.
Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star reported that the Kansas City Royals were interested in Tampa Bay Rays starters Jake Odorizzi and Matt Moore.
MLB Trade Rumors saw Jeremy Hellickson as the most logical target, but he’s more of a mid-rotation to bottom of the rotation guy. I’m intrigued by the notion of Andrew Cashner, and another Padres starter in Drew Pomeranz.
I suppose its comforting that a number of sources have been hearing that the KC Royals are looking for starting pitching. But, the problem is there are other shoppers with better prospects to deal. The trade market doesn’t look all that auspicious for the Kansas City Royals at the trading deadline.
Next: Alex Gordon