Royals Report: 5 Things About Collapse In Toronto
By John Viril
2) Hunter Dozier On A Tear At Omaha
The next prospect we might see with the KC Royals is third baseman Hunter Dozier. The 24-year-old former eighth overall pick in 2013 has had multi-hit games in seven of his last eight at AAA Omaha.
More from KC Royals News
- KC Royals Rumors: Is a monster move in the cards?
- KC Royals Free Agent Hunt: 3 Tampa Bay pitchers
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
On Wednesday, Dozier went a combined 5-7 with a home run in the Stormchasers double header against the Iowa Cubs. For the season, Dozier is now slashing .320/.383/.569 with 17 home runs and 50 RBIs in AA NW Arkansas and AAA Omaha combined. Dozier is also hitting well at the higher level, slashing .327/.376/.536 at Omaha for an outstanding .911 OPS.
Yeah, that plays.
Dozier’s leap is one of the bright spots of the Kansas City Royals farm system this season. After two mostly lost years stuck at AA NW Arkansas, Dozier’s long-awaited breakthrough at the plate has come. Clearly, he’s ready for a major league trial.
He might get the call to Kansas City if Kendrys Morales’ back problem turns out to be worse than the team believes at this time.
Next: Kelvin Herrera