1) Eric Hosmer Continues To Rake
Eric Hosmer blossoming into a true star is the best development of the 2016 season. Yes, the Whit Merrifield call-up has been the best feel-good story of the year. But, Hosmer’s emergence as a legitimate power bat to go with his stellar defense, has done more to help the club.
More from KC Royals News
- KC Royals Rumors: Is a monster move in the cards?
- KC Royals Free Agent Hunt: 3 Tampa Bay pitchers
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
On Friday night, Hosmer smashed two balls over the fence, going 2-4, with 2 home runs, 2 runs scored, and 3 RBI’s. The big night pushed his season slash line to an outstanding .324/.382/.547 with 12 home runs.
Hosmer is on pace to finish the season with 32 doubles, 32 home runs, and 103 RBI’s. Those are the type of power numbers you expect to see from a first base star. Hosmer has finally become the middle of the order power bat that scouts expected from him as a prospect.
Add in his propensity for CLUTCH hits, his heads up play in the field, opportunistic base running, and you have one of the best players in the game.
I doubt the KC Royals will have the shekels to re-sign him, but it’s going to sure be fun to watch him over the next two seasons. Enjoy him while you can, Kansas City Royals fans!