3) Salvador Perez Returned To The Lineup
Even with the KC Royals losing 7-1 on Saturday, there was some good news. Salvador Perez caught the game and went 2 for 4 with a double.
More from KC Royals News
- KC Royals Rumors: Is a monster move in the cards?
- KC Royals Free Agent Hunt: 3 Tampa Bay pitchers
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
It was good to not only see Perez back in action, but that he seemed to pick up where he left off with the bat. Perez now sports a quite robust .282/.317/.500 triple slash and is a big boost to the Kansas City Royals. However, manager Ned Yost said that he expects to ease Perez back into his full duties and that he planned to rest him more in the near future.
Perez’s return to the Kansas City Royals lineup after only missing six games was the best news of what has been a miserable start to their 10-game road trip. While Drew Butera hit the ball well during Perez’s absence, the 26-year-old Perez is the team’s emotional leader and defensive rock.
Many pundits consider Perez the best player in the KC Royals lineup right now, with most of the others tabbing first baseman Eric Hosmer with that distinction. Either way, it’s good news getting one of the three missing All-Stars back in the lineup.
Next: Whit Merrifield