Royals Report: 5 Things About Tampa Bay Sweep
2) Can KC Keep The Train Rolling On The Road?
Beginning Friday, the KC Royals will play 10 road games in a 11 days against Cleveland, Baltimore, and Chicago. The series in Cleveland is a four-game set, and along with the three games in Chicago, will give the Royals a chance to put some space between them and the rest of the AL Central.
More from KC Royals News
- KC Royals Rumors: Is a monster move in the cards?
- KC Royals Free Agent Hunt: 3 Tampa Bay pitchers
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
Though the Kansas City Royals are tied with the Chicago Cubs for the best home record in baseball at 19-7, the Royals are only 11-15 on the road. It was the long 12 road games out of 15 string that triggered a two-week swoon for Kansas City.
The KC Royals slumped to 4-11 over that stretch that saw them fly to the west coast, return to Kansas City for a three game series against Washington,and then fly to the east coast to play the Indians and Yankees.
Here’s to hoping that the Kansas City Royals poor play over those 15 games occurred because of fatigue rather than some kind of recurring problem with playing on the road.
At the very least the KC Royals will begin the trip red hot. But I think all of us Royals fans wish they could keep on playing right here at home.