Royals Report: 4 Things About Tough Finale In Chicago
By John Viril
2) Mike Moustakas Is Ice Cold After Return From Injury
Moose is 0-7 with three strikeouts and a walk after sitting for two weeks with a thumb injury. He did hit a screaming liner today that Chicago first baseman Jerry Sands snagged to rob him of probable extra-bases.
More from KC Royals News
- KC Royals Rumors: Is a monster move in the cards?
- KC Royals Free Agent Hunt: 3 Tampa Bay pitchers
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
Even so, Moustakas looks like he needs to shake off some rust after his layoff. He is fielding his position well, including spearing a hard smash down the line behind deep third base and making a long throw to record an out.
What the KC Royals offense really needs is to get back the Moustakas that slammed seven home runs in the first month of play. With Cain now hitting, a locked in Moose, Lorenzo, followed by Hosmer should do some damage. Moustakas’ ability to take pitches to the opposite field has changed his career. I expect he’ll get back in a groove shortly.
Next: Alcides Escobar