5) You Know The Baseball Gods Hate You When…
Wade Davis blows a save after six straight Kansas City Royals pitchers open the game without allowing a run. With the score tied 2-2 at the end of nine, the KC Royals had used seven pitchers and faced extra innings with a depleted bullpen.
More from KC Royals News
- Grading the 2022 KC Royals: The $25 million man
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Expectations met
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 3 update
- KC Royals Winter Meetings Tracker: Day 2 update
- Winter Meetings: Any blockbusters for the KC Royals?
This on a day when the team badly needed a win.
It’s the kind of outrageous fortune that can make Kansas City Royals fans want to break stuff. I probably would have, except I was busy writing this article. See, my journalistic endeavors DO have some benefit!
[I’m sure all of my faithful readers are APPALLED that Wade Davis’ blown save probably cost me a fantasy baseball win this week]
Ok, I guess the Baseball Gods can’t hate you when Scott Alexander and Chien-Ming Wang pitch four innings of scoreless baseball after Wade Davis blows a save, and then slumping Kendrys Morales slams a two-run walkoff home run with two outs in the bottom of the thirteenth for the win.
But, hey, I was really beginning to lose the faith there.