Kansas City returns home following a 4-3 road trip through St. Pete and Cleveland the Royals return home to the K with a 34-36 record before beginning a five game home stand against the White Sox and Braves.
Series Preview –
So far in six games the two teams are even at three games a piece with KC losing two of three to begin the season at the Cell. Last month the Royals took two of three at Kauffman Stadium with the infamous James Shields being pulled in the ninth inning game to end the series.
Probable Pitching Matchups –
Friday, June 22 (7:10 pm): Hector Santiago (2-5, 3.30) v. Jeremy Guthrie (7-4, 3.72)
– Guthrie will look to continue his mastery of the White Sox since coming to KC going 3-0 with a 0.40 ERA in six starts
– Against the AL Central he holds a 9-1 record which includes a 1.98 ERA
Saturday, June 23 (1:10 pm): Jose Quintana (3-2, 3.86) v. Wade Davis (4-5, 5.18)
– Sunday Davis snapped a streak of five starts without a win against his former team
– Against the Rays he went six innings allowing five hits and two runs in KC’s 5-3 victory
Sunday, June 24 (1:10 pm): Dylan Axelrod (3-4, 4.39) v. James Shields (2-6, 2.72)
– Shields will make his third start against the White Sox having an 0-1 record
– In his May 6 start he went eight innings surrendering just two hits but after being lifted after 102 pitches the bullpen was unable to protect the lead
2013 Results –
These two central division foes have met in both April and May at both teams stadium. Chicago won 1-0 against Shields on Opening Day followed by a 5-2 win and Kansas City taking the finale 3-1. Last month the Royals took the series with 2-0 and 6-5 victory before the White Sox won 2-1 in 11 innings.
Fox Sports Kansas City will have each game of the three game series with Friday’s 7:10 start and Saturday/Sunday’s 1:10 first pitch with Ryan Lefebvre and Rex Hudler. Royals live with Joel Goldberg plus Royals Hall of Famer Jeff Montgomery begins 30 minutes before and immediately after the game. 610 Sports Radio will have all three games as well for anyone unable to watch on TV with Royals Hall of Famer Denny Matthews and Steve Physioc plus Steve Stewart.
2013 Schedule/Results v. White Sox – Series Tied 3-3
April 1-4, US Cellular Field – Chicago took two of three games
May 3-5, Kauffman Stadium – Kansas City won two of three
June 21-23, Kauffman Stadium
July 26-28, US Cellular Field
August 20-22, Kauffman Stadium
September 27-29, US Cellular Field
Tags: Kansas City Royals