Kansas City returns to the K for their next nine games against Minnesota, Houston and Detroit. They kick off the homestand tonight against the Twins who they opened the 2013 home slate against but that was April and both teams are different.
While many of you were sleeping Kansas City salvaged game four of the I-70 Series at St. Louis 4-2 after a 5 ½ hour rain delay. The team ends their five game road trip with a series in Arlington against the Rangers this weekend.
Series Preview –
KC just completed a 2-3 road trip through St. Louis and Texas in which they alternated wins and losses. Over their last five Minnesota is 4-1 as they’ve passed the Royals in the AL Central standings.
Probable Pitching Matchups –
Tuesday, June 4 (7:10 pm): Samuel Deduno (1-1, 5.11) v. Luis Mendoza (1-2, 4.63)
- Mendoza against pitched well enough to win in his last start at St. Louis picking up his third straight no-decision after leaving with a 1-run lead
- A season ago the Dozer went 2-1 with a 2.67 ERA against the Twins
- Guthrie is looking to snap his three game losing streak (at Angels, at Astros, Angels)
- Last time out he to a no-decision leaving the series finale at St. Louis trailing 2-1 after throwing six innings, he did come back in relief to help get the field ready with other teammates
- Wade comes into this start having lost his last two starts against Los Angeles and at Texas
- Over his previous six starts he’s thrown over six innings just once which was 6.1 against the Angels on the last homestand
2013 Results –
As mentioned these teams haven’t seen each other since April 8-10 at the K which the Royals swept the series. Ervin Santana opened the series with a great performance which was followed up with wins by Guthrie and Davis the next two days.
All three games are on Fox Sports Kansas City with Steve Physioc and Rex Hudler handing the call while Joel Goldberg hosts the pre/postgame show with Royals Hall of Famer Jeff Montgomery. Fans can also listen to the games on 610 Sports Radio with Royals Hall of Famer/2007 Ford C. Frick Award winner Denny Matthews, Ryan Lefebvre and Steve Stewart.
2013 Schedule v. Twins – KC 3-0
April 8-10, Kauffman Stadium – Royals swept the series with 3-1, 7-4 and 3-1 wins
June 4-6, Kauffman Stadium
June 27-30, Target Field
July 30-31 and August 1, Target Field
August 5-7, Kauffman Stadium
August 27-29, Target Field
Game Notes –