Kansas City begins nine game road trip through the AL West that begins in Anaheim against the Los Angeles Angels. The two teams will see each other this week and then in eight days at the K for a four game set.
Series Preview –
KC comes to the big A having lost six of their last seven games, after getting to 17-10 on the season. The Angels are coming off a series win on the Southside of Chicago but are 3-3 in their last six games.
Probable Pitching Matchups –
Monday, May 13 (9:05 pm): Luis Mendoza (0-2, 6.38) v. Joe Blanton (0-6, 5.66)
– Mendoza is making just his fifth start of the season tonight in Anaheim
– This is the Dozers first start against LA as a Royal but his career record against the Halos is 0-1 in three starts
Tuesday, May 14 (9:05 pm): Jeremy Guthrie (5-0, 2.28) v. Jason Vargas (1-3, 4.11)
– Guthrie looks to continue his club-record 18 game unbeaten streak
– His 2.28 ERA is seventh as of Monday in the American League
Wednesday, May 15 (9:05 pm): Wade Davis (2-3, 5.86) v. TBA
– Davis suffered a 11-6 defeat Friday night against the Yankees going just five innings
– After starting 2-0 he’s lost three of his last four starts with a no-decision mixed in
2012 Results –
In 2012 the Royals were 4-5 against the Angeles but were 3-3 in Anaheim which included taking the opening series. Los Angeles outscored Kansas City by the narrow margin of 44-39 last season in the nine games played.
All three games are on Fox Sports Kansas City with Ryan Lefebvre and Rex Hudler on the call with Joel Goldberg hosting the pre and post game. On 610 Sports Radio will be Steve Physioc and Steve Stewart.
2013 Schedule v. Angels –
May 13-15, Angels Stadium
May 23-26, Kauffman Stadium