Kansas City started the home stand going 2-2 against Cleveland and added two wins against Tampa Bay before Thursday’s rain/snowout occurred. Friday they host Chicago for the first time this season, the teams haven’t met since the season opener last month.
Series Preview –
KC lost 2-of-3 on the south side to begin the 2013 campaign but both teams have gone different directions since then. The Royals lead the AL Central at 15-10 while the White Sox are 12-15 last in the division but did take two at Texas.
Probable Pitching Matchups –
Friday, May 3 (7:10 pm): Dylan Axelrod (0-1, 3.95) v. Jeremy Guthrie (3-0, 3.06)
- Guthrie dominated the Tribe last weekend throwing 6.2 scoreless innings with five strikeouts
- He continues to ride a 16 game unbeaten streak that dates back to August 8, 2012 against Chicago
Saturday, May 4 (6:10 pm): TBA v. Wade Davis (2-2, 5.55)
- In his last start Davis only last 4.2 innings allowing eight runs
- He’s looking for his first win since April 17 in Atlanta which has been one of the best starts of the season by a Royal pitcher
Sunday, May 5 (1:10 pm): Jose Quintana (2-0, 3.58) v. James Shields (2-2, 3.00)
- Shields looked good against his former team on Tuesday night and will get another crack at Chicago
- Getting the ball on Opening Day in Chicago Big Game lost a 1-0 decision allowing a solo shot to Tyler Flowers which was the difference
2013 Results –
The teams met the opening week of the season in which the White Sox took two of three against the Royals. Chicago won the first two games 1-0 and 5-2 with KC taking the series finale 3-1.
FSKC will carry all three games this weekend while 610 Sports Radio will have the radio coverage if you can’t watch the television broadcast.
2013 Schedule v. White Sox – CWS 2-1
April 1-4, US Cellular Field: Chicago wins the series 2-1
May 3-5, Kauffman Stadium
June 21-23, Kauffman Stadium
July 26-28, US Cellular Field
August 20-22, Kauffman Stadium
September 27-29, US Cellular Field