The Royals and Fox Sports Kansas City previously announced that FSKC would air two Royals spring training games, one on March 25th and another on March 27th.
The MLB Network will also be airing six spring training games featuring the Royals, though only two will actually be live broadcasts as MLB Network will be airing more than 150 games as well as World Baseball Classic games. The Royals games will air on the following dates:
- March 17: 8 a.m. CST, reairing March 16th’s split squad game against the Chicago Cubs
- March 19: Midnight CST, reairing March 18th’s matchup with the Texas Rangers
- March 22: 3 p.m. CST, a LIVE broadcast against the Los Angeles Angels
- March 24: 11 p.m. CST, reairing that day’s game against the Chicago White Sox
- March 25: 7 p.m. CST, a LIVE broadcast against the Los Angeles Dodgers, and yes, this is one of the two games that FSKC will be broadcasting as well.
- March 28: 1 a.m. CST, reairing the March 27th split squad game against the Cubs.
It’s inconvenient that both networks will overlap on the Dodgers game, though there could be any number of rights negotiations involved or it could just be a matter of simplicity for the networks. Or it could just be a coincidence. Since most of those games are early morning or very early morning, it’s best to set up your DVR.
Additionally, the Royals will be featured on MLB Network’s 30 Clubs in 30 Days segment on February 18. Peter Gammons, Eric Byrnes, Dan Plesac and reporters Alanna Rizzo and Sam Ryan will be in Surprise to discuss the Royals offseason moves and the outlook for 2013.
Otherwise, all Royals games will be on the radio via 610 Sports or MLB’s At Bat app (which hasn’t updated to the 2013 version yet to my knowledge). It makes for perfect work-time listening (or simply mid-day if you don’t have the conventional 9-5 job).