With Christmas only a few days away why not ask for some Royals gifts or those that hopefully benefit Kansas City in 2013. With that said here is a list that I’m sure our fans would most like this holiday season.
- An All-Star Game for Alex Gordon – #A1 has been good enough the past two years as evidence by being the back-to-back AL gold glover seasons in left field. 2012 would’ve been ideal but Santa how about sending him to “Queens”.
- #CountryBreakfast MVP season – Sure he’s been a club MVP in season’s past but what if he could somehow get into the national conversation? We know how good Billy Butler is and it felt like the All-Star Game in KC put him on the radar.
- The return of “Big Game” James – In 2008 James Shields was at the heart of the Tampa Bay Rays World Series run and has helped them to the playoffs. Shields will be counted on to be the man for the staff which hopefully he’s able to be Big Game James in a Big Game.
- A nice home for Luke – Let’s face it Luke Hochevar and the Royals need a mutual break-up. While it hurt to lose a guy drafted number one overall Luke needs a change of scenery, where perhaps he can thrive.
- Jeff Francoeur the 2011 edition – Santa since we appear stuck with him how about meeting you halfway, if you could deliver something to make Frenchy play like he did in 2011 that be enough for this fan base.
- Planting the idea in David Glass’s mind to sell the team– Mr. Glass helped the franchise when it needed an owner and has done things to help. But in this season of giving how about the nudge to have the Glass family to part with the city?
- Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas improving enough to get long-term deals – Both players had up and downs a season ago, so how about consistency that both want to be in KC for awhile.
- Injury free in 2013 – Last season KC was plagued by injuries so if you could see fit that no major injuries occur we’d be grateful for that.
- More bullpen success – In 2012 the Royals bullpen was a consistent strength for the team and if isn’t too much could you see that it continues this season. In the back of fans heads this season might be that key bullpen guys like Aaron Crow, Kelvin Herrera and Greg Holland struggle.
- Competitive baseball all season – I don’t know if we’ve been good enough to find a playoff berth under the tree but playing competitive baseball all season would be nice.
Santa if you could get us anything on the list (but hopefully all ten) this season we’d be greatly appreciative to you this season. Hopefully we’re on the good list and you can provide this to us on in 2013…just because technically, on Christmas morning…there’s no baseball.
Mike V (and other Royals fans)
Tags: Kansas City Royals