The offseason moment we’ve all been waiting for arrived last week – the announcement of the Royals promotions for the 2012 season. Seriously, many of the Royals promotions are quite fun and some have become a Kansas City tradition. There would be riots if the Royals ever gave up Buck Nights and Fireworks Fridays.
In the spirit of fun these marketing gimmicks are designed to create, I’d like to suggest a few more promotions for the Royals to consider in the future after the jump:
- George Toma grass trimmers to the first 20,000 ticketholders
- Famous Amos Otis cookie giveaway
- Vin Mazzaro fire hoses (actually, Vin needs the fire hose more than we do)
- Don Denkinger prescription eyeglasses
- Bowls of Mad Hungarian goulash
- Mascot races between a BBQ rib, a Hostess Twinkie, and a Stroud’s cinnamon roll
- Pine Tar scented air fresheners
- Hal McRae chocolate lava meltdown cakes
- Nacho cannon (Bring your umbrellas)
- Disco Demolition night. On second thought… maybe not
- Bo Jackson replica broken bats
- Alex Gordon toy outfield rifles
- Arm wrestling with Sluggerrr
- Yuniesky Betancourt Bobblehands doll
- Yuniesky Betancourt Bad Pennies
- Yuniesky Betancourt going away party
- Zack Greinke welcome home party (scheduled as a 2013 promotion)
- And finally – everybody gets to jump in the fountains when the Royals clinch the division
If you were head of Marketing and Promotions for the Royals, what promotions would you schedule in 2012?
Thanks for visiting Kings of Kauffman. You can stay current on all the Kings of Kauffman content and news by following us on Twitter, Facebook, or by way of our RSS feed. You can also send your questions to our mailbag at [email protected] and follow Alan Barrington on Twitter to be notified each time he posts a story.