There’s little I can say right now since everybody’s attention is focused on the debut of Mike Moustakas tonight in Anaheim.
But since they’re on the Pacific Coast, we have to wait longer than usual, so how about some reading to tide you over until the first glimpse of Eric Hosmer and Moustakas in a Kansas City lineup?
Obviously, you’ll want to catch up on the week’s proceedings here at Kings of Kauffman:
- Jeff Herr’s weekly look at the minor leagues is up – Princes of Kauffman
- Gage Matthews examined our catching situation. It’s … bleak.
- Mitch Hall notices others noticing our team.
- Ethan Evans digs into his “have to” to figure out Joakim Soria.
- Of course, Ryan Wood covered the first round of the draft in his Live Blog from Monday.
- Kevin Scobee was given the week off as he got engaged. Congrats!
There was some other fine work out there by other Royals writers:
- Greg Schaum and Clint Scoles have been hustling more than Willie Bloomquist to come up with info on other draft picks by the Royals not named Bubba Starling.
- Rany Jazayerli hoisted Ned Yost on his own petard regarding Alcides Escobar and pinch-hitting.
- There’s a reason they should be pinch-hitting Escobar – first, he’s almost historically bad right now, as Aaron Stilley shows at the newly-coined Royal Heritage. That’s a big deal, since it seems like teams are treating him like a pitcher at the end of the Royals lineup, as Jeff Zimmerman’s analysis suggests at Royals Review.
- All that being said, in light of the debut of Moustakas tonight, take a look at Mike Diaz’s scouting report of Moose at Project Prospect.
- While we’ve been waiting for Moustakas, so has Eric Hosmer. The two will be roommates, according to Rustin Dodd of the Ball Star Blog at the KC Star. An early nickname floating around for the two is the Splash Brothers. We’ll see…