The voting is over and FanSided has set its roster for the All-AL Central Team.
The AL Central writers who made selections (including myself):
- Southside Showdown (represented by new lead writer Travis Miller)
- Deep Left Field (represented by Steve Kubitza)
- Motor City Bengals (represented by Zac Snyder)
- Puckett’s Pond (represented by Wally Fish)
- John Parent of Motor City Bengals had voted before we were able to add Travis to the mix.
The panel came to agreement on every position aside from a final starting pitching spot and at third base. Both were decided by fan vote. Danny Valencia edged out Brandon Inge for the third base spot, while Mark Buehrle beat Gavin Floyd handily for the fifth starter spot.
The full lineup (*denotes unanimous selection; ^ indicates selection by fan vote):
- C – Joe Mauer* – Minnesota Twins
- 1B – Miguel Cabrera* - Detroit Tigers
- 2B – Gordon Beckham – Chicago White Sox
- SS – Alexei Ramirez – Chicago White Sox
- 3B – Danny Valencia^ – Minnesota Twins
- OF – Shin-Soo Choo* – Cleveland Indians
- OF – Delmon Young – Minnesota Twins
- OF – Alex Rios – Chicago White Sox
- DH – Billy Butler – Kansas City Royals
- SP – Justin Verlander* – Detroit Tigers
- SP – Francisco Liriano* – Minnesota Twins
- SP – John Danks – Chicago White Sox
- SP – Max Scherzer – Detroit Tigers
- SP – Mark Buehrle^ – Chicago White Sox
- SU – Matt Thornton – Chicago White Sox
- CL – Joakim Soria – Kansas City Royals
Next, we’ll pit this squad against teams from the other two American League divisions as voted by FanSided’s writers (and readers when a poll has been used, as in the case with Valencia and Buehrle). Finally, there will be a “FanSided World Series” between the National League’s team and the American League’s team.