So we’ve determined that David DeJesus should be the Royals All-Star representative. We’ve checked in on the bullpen’s effectiveness under Ned Yost. And then there’s the minor leagues, where Wally’s been mowing through the Kings of Kauffman prospect list, while some of those prospects have been gaining some accolades, such as All-Star selections and invites to the Minor League Futures Game in Anaheim.
But what else is going on out there in the Royals-verse?
- Buster Olney is talking about how the Royals want to trade Jose Guillen and are willing to eat salary to do so.
- Guillen’s not a soft-spoken guy, so what’s his reaction to the swirling trade rumors? Open to staying, yet, of course, frustrated.
- Royals Authority looks at the Brian Bannister day/night split. I have to agree it gets a little silly to look at some of the potential splits. There might be something to the day/night part, but when some analysts look at performances on Wednesdays in games that start at 3pm in the central time zone, it’s getting a bit overdone.
- Here’s one of my favorite articles in a while, as the Pitch Weekly looks at the Curses of Royals History. My only gripe: the omission of Edward Villacis.
- Finally, the piece de reisistance. A hilarious promotional video for the 2009 Carolina League Playoffs featuring Danny Duffy and Michael Montgomery. I almost want to see them hanging out with Zack Greinke as much as I’d like to see them on the mound.
Enjoy the links, but more importantly, Happy Greinke Day!