Despite the poor performance on the field by the Royals, Kansas City fans can take solace in one positive: we have the best community of baseball fans around. To follow a team that’s been this bad for this long takes passion, dedication and a streak of masochistic optimism.
It helps that we have some great voices out there, so while we at Kings of Kauffman feel we provide excellent analysis and commentary, we’re also aware (and thankful) that we’re not alone in our fandom. Let’s see what others are saying:
- The Godfather, Joe Posnanski, examines the role of time in relation to a rebuilding team and how the Royals fit in that…process.
- The Consigliari, Sam Mellinger, on the nature of the managerial game and its reliance on the talent on the field.
- I don’t find any fitting Godfather references to keep up with, but Greg Schaum asks what criteria should be considered when calling up a prospect like, say, Mike Moustakas.
- Nick Scott at Royals Authority has an open letter to Ned Yost.
- Jeff Parker at Royally Speaking questions inconsistencies in playing time relative to performance between Jose Guillen and Alex Gordon.
- Another brief look at Mike Aviles, this time from Wil McDonald at Royals Review.
Meanwhile, the Royals are streaking and sending Zack Greinke to the hill this evening in hopes to sweep the two-game series with Baltimore. They’re 3-1 under Ned Yost and have won 4 of their last 5 games.