Lots of action on the recently DFA’d guys guys so I thought I put together a quick post to sum things up before I get to work on something else.
Before I get into the recap though, I wanted to give some extra pub to our Phillies blogger, Justin Klugh. Today he published Despite Asshole Groundhog, Phils Sign Guzman. I hope you will take the time to read the entire thing, but I have to quote the following section.
And what we’re left with is six more weeks of waking up in a stagnant, frozen hell; where the sleet rapes the earth and the streets are haunted by the howl of homicidal wind gusts, summoned solely to grab commuters by the collar and force a raw, frigid tongue down their throats. All thanks to a terrified, buck toothed rodent without the brain capacity to escape a goofy old man in a top hat.
That’s good stuff! Now on to the recap …
Off the Market:
- Baltimore Orioles RHP-Dennis Sarfate (29) cleared waivers and was outrighted to Norfolk.
- San Diego Padres RHP-Mike Ekstrom (26) was claimed off waivers by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Seattle Mariners 1B-Tommy Everidge (26) was outrighted to Tacoma.
- Washington Nationals RHP-Marco Estrada (26) was claimed off waivers by the Milwaukee Brewers.
Still on the Market:
- 2B-Gregorio Petit (25), Oakland Athletics
- OF-Willy Taveras (28), Oakland Athletics
- LHP-Dana Eveland (26), Oakland Athletics
- RHP-Gaby Hernandez (23), Seattle Mariners
- 1B-Jesus Guzman (25) was DFA’d by the San Francisco Giants on January 22nd. It has been over 10 days but I haven’t seen any update on him, so I’m not exactly sure of his status.
New to the Market:
- The Milwaukee Brewers DFA’d RHP-Tim Dillard (26) to make room for newly claimed Marco Estrada.
I’m now off to work on the 2009 edition of Royals Rotten Decade. With any luck I will get it published before I fall asleep tonight, though I make no promises on that.