- First off I want to direct everyone to our improved main website. Take a moment to head over and check out the new FanSided.com. Bookmark it. Heck, make it your home page.
- If you want to see George Brett go off, head here for the video. You can read Dick Kaegel’s MLB.com article regarding the interview here. Personally I applaud George Brett for his comments. I’m not sure how I feel about Hillman yet, but I do know one thing about him, the guy learns from his past mistakes. If you don’t believe me just look at his usage of Kyle Farnsworth. Take a look at how quickly he made Butler the primary 1B and Jacobs the primary DH. Hillman is not the best manager in MLB, but he is far from the worst and is certainly getting better. Anyone who says differently isn’t taking the time to watch other teams.
- Jack Harry is a complete and utter fool. I can’t imagine anyone takes him seriously anymore. Most of Keitzman’s show is painful to listen to but when he has Jack Harry on I want to jam things in my ears to rupture my eardrums. Thankfully, thus far, I have had the good sense to just take my headphones off.
- Joakim Soria threw off flat ground today. He is reportedly progressing well and is not experiencing any pain. As a fellow sufferer of rotator cuff tendonitis in my throwing arm, I’m really concerned about Soria. Since he is a professional athlete, and will certainly be more diligent about doing his strengthening exercises than I have been about mine, my concern is probably unnecessary.
- Mike Aviles took batting practice before tonight’s game and may return to the lineup tomorrow.
- I want to take a moment to personally thank Cleveland Indians manager Eric Wedge. Thank you for pulling Cliff Lee after 8 innings. Thank you for putting Kerry Wood into the game. Thank you for allowing the Royals to score 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th to win the game. Wedge had his ace throwing lights out and sitting at 101 pitches heading into the 9th inning. Wedge blew the decision and the game. Kerry Wood as a closer is more Rod Beck than Mariano Rivera, and in light of that you don’t pull your ace when you desperately need to win. The Indians bullpen is trash and will almost certainly finish in last place in the AL Central. On the bright side, they are making me look like a genius since I picked them to finish at the bottom when many “experts” were picking them to win the division. In fact, I may have given them too much credit projecting them to win 73 games.
Topics: AL Central, Baseball, George Brett, Indians, Joakim Soria, Kansas City Royals, KC, Mike Aviles, MLB